Sunday, July 14, 2013

Time And Relative Dimension In Space

I may be a bit new to the Doctor Who world, but I love the Doctor and all he stands for.  I've been so busy the last few years I would have loved the opportunity to step into that beautiful blue box travel the universe live all my crazy adventures, and then pop back home in time to go to school / work again. 

Alas, I'll have to settle for making my own mini-tardis pillow.





There's some basic piecing, and a bit of embroidery... but the big secret is, I used Time-Lord Technology.  I poured all of time & space into the heart of the TARDIS.


  


 The TARDIS is ... as you must know... bigger on the inside!

 
 It can travel through space... and time!  (although it only travels through time forward... and very slowly. ;)  )


A little bit of timey-wimey outline quilting on the TARDIS, and some wibledy-wobledy meander quilting in the sky.




Instructions which will be roundly ignored were embroidered on the door. 


It's just a lap-sized quilt.  Although, since I'm short, that's usually all I ever need.  Ooooh... and the plus side of making a pillow-quilt is that when it's all pulled out... I have a little pocket for keeping my feet warm! 


I think the Doctor would agree - Quilts are cool!

5 comments:

MelissaPurls said...

LOVE it! Great job!

Michele Bilyeu said...

So happy you left a comment on my blog as I am so enjoying yours! Your quillow is downright fabulous! Love your photos from Sisters and your weaving...beautiful!!!

gl. said...

wow wow wow! i LOVE the space time continuum. delightful!

itsafamilything said...

I want one! I wish I could make one! Or buy one! Really cool! I found your link through googling Tardis door!

Rebel said...

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.