Back well before 2008 I had decided to make a flower-basket type quilt for my niece. This was the general plan:
And here were the first few fabrics I'd cut out :
But... it sat in a box for a good long time. Finally last year I opened it up and did a test block. I didn't like it and made a vague decision to just make a bunch of half-square triangles and then see what else I could do with them.
HSTs are a bit addictive though... once you start it's hard to stop.
Anytime I was bored (aka procrastinating to avoid writing a Spanish paper) I'd just cut up some 3 1/2" squares and spend an hour sewing them up. I've probably got enough for a full sized quilt... but I don't like making big quilts so I'll probably make two smaller quilts.
First up - pinwheels!
That pink is not the background or anything - it's just the back of another quilt I'm using as a 'design wall' of sorts.
I've actually added a 'piano keys' scrap border... and am about to start the quilting. Hopefully I'll manage to finish this one up before I get swamped with homework from my next class!!