I know that I don't do well with super-precise piecing, so I went for a slightly wonky look.
The date-counter is supposed to be a candy-cane but I wasn't super careful about matching up the stripes. It's little, so I might re-do it if I can find some more scraps of that fabric.
The backing has two little sleeves. I'll need to get a dowel or figure out some kind of way to hang it. I didn't think that far ahead... but it's got sleeves... so that's a start!!
The trickiest part was the letters... I printed them out, and copied them onto iron-on backing... then ironed that onto the fabrics. It took one or two before I managed to get them to look right-side-up.
Ironed the backing to the letters, cut them out, ironed them onto the quilt... and then tried to do some outline stitching. As I stated above, it was somewhat less than precise.
Here's a little close up of the embroidery and trim.
Honestly, it was a lot of work for such a small quilt... but I love it. I think it will look festive when it's finally up on the wall.