Sunday, October 2, 2011

Evergreen - stripes

I have been working on the Evergreen quilt, but I wasn't happy with the contrast of colors once it was all laid out.  There are just too many light colors.  So I cut a few more dark greens laid them out but still wasn't really happy with them.  I got really tired of cutting out triangles so I decided to switch gears.

Ever since I made this quilt for my niece, I've wanted one for myself.


It's super easy - just started cutting up strips in dark, medium, and light values and just sewed them all up in that order. The quilting is just wavy lines.  It's as close to instant gratification as quilting is going to get.


Technically it's twin sized - 72ish by 90ish, but it covers the top of my queen sized bed really well.

Here's the back.


I just adore these fabrics, and in this pattern I do like the light/dark contrast.

And I'm getting better at the binding I think.  I'm actually starting to make good quilts! 


 Yay!

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Ooo! I love your green version!

Rebel said...

Thanks!