Sunday, August 21, 2011

Costa Rica Baby!

My trip to Costa Rica is rapidly approaching, but I'm nowhere near ready to go yet.  I haven't even packed yet, and my flight is on Thursday morning! 

This is an organized tour, associated with the local community college.  The advantages of this are that I have already paid for my lodging, ground transportation and many of my meals, and since the activities are already planned all I need to do is show up.  The disadvantage is that I will be limited to just those areas on the tour, I won't be doing much exploring on my own.  It's a fair trade off.

We'll start in San Jose, stay in a small town in the middle of the country, then head east to Puerto Viejo on the coast.  Activities included on the tour are a white water rafting trip, a tour of the rain forest, Spanish classes, and a home-stay with a local family.  We'll also be spending a good bit of time on a Caribbean beach, so that will be fun!

I will be sure to take lots and lots of pictures and regale you with adventurous tales when I return. =)

No comments: