Well, I took about every shortcut possible quilting up Pinwheels, but it still took a while to get it all done.
I just used diagonal wavy-lines for the pinwheel portion, stripes for the inner border and I was *not* about to outline-quilt each and every one of the 'piano-keys' so I just stitched a few lines on each side - just enough to tack it down. Then machine stitched the binding. Finished size is a bit under 45"x60"... a good lap size / baby quilt.
The backing - ugh. I'm so lazy sometimes. I didn't even check to see if it was all lined up properly before I started quilting it. Oh well, maybe slanty quilt backings are the new 'modern' technique. ;)